Prepare for an appointment
Questions to ask your advisor
Before Your Appointment
Depending on the reason for your financial or life planning needs, this checklist can help you prepare.
- Gather documents to bring to your first appointment:
- Copies of any financial statements, life goals, or personal histories relating to your financial well-being.
- Completed financial history questionnaire.
- A list of all current monthly expenses, including variable and fixed expenses.
- Spend time reflecting on past financial choices and life experiences that have affected your current financial position.
- Ask your spouse or a trusted advisor to accompany you if you wish. Depending on the type of financial or life outcomes you desire, you may need someone to provide complete clarity.
- Bring any questions or concerns. Our process evokes thoughts that can provide you with the clarity to make sure your past doesn’t affect your future goals.
Want to receive a reminder about your next appointment via text?
Reminders are sent in the morning the day before your scheduled appointment. Simply reply in a text “Yes” to confirm or “No” to cancel. If you reply “No”, the appointment is canceled. The appointment slot may be given to another client.
How to receive appointment text reminders:
- Verify that your cell phone number is registered with a Holistic Planners Appointment representative. To confirm, please call 240-508-2169.
- Once your cell phone number is registered, enroll by texting please confirm.
- You will receive a confirmation text once enrolled.
During Your Appointment
To make the most of your appointment, be sure to ask your advisor any questions or express any concerns you have.
Not sure what to ask? Find suggestions:
After Your Appointment
What to expect after your appointment:
- If you need to see another specialist, we will make every effort to schedule these services and consultations at the earliest available time.
It's normal to feel anxious about life and money management. Please know you’re not alone. You will have an entire financial team focused on your life and financial well-being.
We encourage you to view the new client video and read about our unique process to help you understand more about your pending experience with our firm. The information will be useful for you and your family.
What Do I Bring?
You will only need essential items, such as:
- Life goals.
- Financial statements, i.e., IRA, 401k, banking/CDs.
- Pay stubs/retirement projections.
- General questions.
What Paperwork Should I Bring?
Please provide our advisors with:
- A list of all investments and financial statements.
- Living Will (if you have one).
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare (if you have one).
- Any other financial plans.
What Shouldn’t I Bring?
Self-limited beliefs. Please know that we can only deposit results, not excuses.
Closed mind. All things change, and we must change.
Other. Bad habits or past experiences with other advisors.
For More Information
For additional information see FAQs:
Questions to Ask Your Advisor
We encourage you to be fully informed about your well-being. Below, find suggested questions to ask your advisor. These questions may or may not relate to you as they depend on your desired outcome.
About Your Life or Finances
Get the care you need right away.
What happens when I call for an appointment?
When you call, we search across our advisor network for an appointment that suits your needs. Here’s what to expect:
- Regardless of the reason for your call, the majority of clients will have an appointment when they hang up with our schedulers.
- We will ask you for basic identifying information, such as address, phone number, and financial concerns.
- Next, we will ask you a series of questions about your life and money management needs to help find the most appropriate advisor to serve you. In most cases, we’ll be able to schedule the appointment with this information.
- If you have complex financial concerns or need a specialist, your call may be forwarded to one of our partners. This ensures that your advisor will receive an adequate financial history and other information necessary to give you the best solution.